Friday, September 21, 2007

I am a member of the Cavalier Marching Band at UVA. I play tenor saxophone. I have a leadership position as a drill instructor which means that I help people do visuals and drill moves on the field. This is the second year that I have been in the band and last semester I played in the concert band as well. Next semester I plan to tryout for the wind ensemble. Band takes up quite a bit of my time, but I really enjoy doing it and I feel that it is a good source of friendships and networking.

2 comments:

Sato said...

Wow, that is fantastic! So you always play with the band at games? Do you go to games at other universities as well? Don't forget to let us know when you play for a concert!
PS. I used to play the flute, and it took up lots of time, but I also loved it!

Vero said...

Hey Luke,

I have a friend in the band. I think he plays the saxophone too. His name is Kearby Chen.

=)Vero